We’re coming up on the anniversary of the Sewol ferry sinking, so there will be even more links about that next week.
- The Park Geun-hye saga: “Park could be sent to a workhouse if she is unable to pay millions in fines,” “Samsung bribery amount emerges as issue in Park Geun-hye case,” “Prosecution appeals Park’s ruling in corruption trial,”
- Investigations into the Lee Myung-bak government: “Former President Lee indicted on 16 counts” and “Prosecutors request a freeze on $10.4 million of Lee Myung-bak’s assets.”
- #MeToo: “Ex-Gov. An indicted on sexual offense charges,” “South Korean pastor banned from leaving country on accusations of rape,” “Prosecutor gets suspended sentence for sexual misconduct,” “What Happens to Women After #MeToo,” “Most sexual violence in public sector workplaces unreported: survey,” and “Top court focuses on victim in harassment case.”
- Lifting the Sewol Ferry: “Sewol families invite President Moon to memorial service,” “Sewol resurfaces on screen in documentary,” and “Sewol wreckage to be erected next month.”
- “Syringe reuse at hospitals down following babies’ deaths.” Yikes, that’s what you were doing that killed those kids?
- “Jeju citizens demand US apology for Apr. 3 Massacre.” Various survivors groups held a press conference demanding an apology and an investigation into the incident.
- “Another Korean Air daughter throws fit” and “Police looking into ‘water rage’ incident.” How many more children are there (aka how many more rage incidents are we going to get)?
And yes, I’m side-eyeing that first headline.
- “Public housing for young triggers generational conflict.” The young people can’t afford places to live, and the older people have a NIMBY mindset.
- “Man gets life sentence for contract killing of cousin over inheritance.” The murdered man was the husband of actress Song Sun-mi.
- “‘The Miracle We Met’ Hits Double Digit Ratings + Takes First Place In Time Slot.” Woohoo, double digits!
- “2PM’s Chansung To Join Upcoming Drama With Park Min Young And Park Seo Joon.” Interesting lineup.
- “Sexy frolics from latest episode of ‘Pretty Sister.'” I’m still bitter I can’t watch this show.
- “tvN’s ‘Let’s Eat 3’ Officially Confirms Highlight’s Yoon Doojoon And Baek Jin Hee As Leads.” Was anyone asking for a third season?
- “Kim So Yeon, Song Yoon Ah, Song Jae Rim, And Kim Tae Woo Confirmed To Appear In New SBS Drama.” ….huh.
- “‘Mystery Queen 2’ And ‘Switch’ Continue Close Race For First Place In Viewership Ratings.” Still not in the double digits.