So, that “water rage” incident with the Korean Air chaebol? It has gotten so much bigger than that. Yikes.
- Korean Air scandals: “Police raid Korean Air,” “‘Water rage’ scandal escalates into customs probe,” “How Korean Air’s Cho family smuggled their stuff,” “Past comes back to haunt Korean Air’s Cho family,” “Report indicates structural problems at root of chaebol leadership scandals,” and “Customs officials raid Korean Air over alleged tax evasion by chairman’s daughter.”
- The Park Geun-hye saga: “Supreme Court upholds four-year prison sentence for former NIS director Won Sei-hoon” and “Park waives her right to appeal conviction, refuses to participate in legal proceedings.”
- Lifting the Sewol Ferry: “4th Anniversary of the Sewol: Curtain May Soon Fall on Site of Remembrance,” “Collection of handwritten letters from Sewol victims’ families published as a book,” “South Korean government holds first memorial ceremony for Sewol ferry victims” and “Documentary about Sewol ferry sinking a box office sensation.”
- #MeToo: “Short track gold medalist joins #MeToo movement”
- “Forced drinks after work takes life of new recruit.” Condolences to his family and friends.
- “‘Gabjil’ Still Rampant Despite Growing Consensus on Weeding Out Bullying.” This just makes me depressed.
- “Samsung Display joins move to halt disclosure of workplace reports.” Yeah, this doesn’t sound shady at all.
- “Seals presumed to belong to Joseon queen found in Seoul.” So cool!
I want a fancy seal.
- “Koreas open hotline between leaders” and “North Korea decides to suspend nuclear, missile tests, shut down atomic test site.” …interesting.
- “In South Korea There’s a Witch-Hunt Against Female Game Developers who Align Themselves With Feminism.” Brb, headdesking.
- “Gender bias rampant in Korean TV entertainment shows: study.” Yikes at some of these examples.
- “Singer Tany passes away in a car crash.” Rest in peace.
- “Han Ye Seul Reveals She Is Receiving Treatment After Medical Accident During Surgery” and “Hospital Responds To Han Ye Seul’s Statements About Medical Accident + Clarifies Situation.” WARNING: First article contains graphic picture.
- “Kang Sora Leaves Cast Of Upcoming Drama.” Scheduling conflicts are the culprit.