Congratulations on surviving the first month of 2018. Expect even more Olympics news next week.
- The Pyeongchang Olympics: “PyeongChang to host largest Winter Olympics in history,” “North Korean athletes land in South for PyeongChang Olympics,” “North Korean Olympic delegation arrives in South Korea,” “Nearly 200 North and South Korean athletes will jointly take part in Olympics ceremonies,” and “N. Korean short track skater injured in training.”
- Seo Ji-hyeon and #MeToo: “Female prosecutor discloses atmosphere of pervasive sexism in the workplace,” “President Moon responds to Seo Ji-hyeon’s sexual harassment allegations,” “Justice Ministry launches sexual harassment prevention committee,” “#MeToo movement comes to South Korea in wake of Seo Ji-hyeon allegations,” and “The Problem Is What Happens after ‘Me Too’: Secondary ‘Assault’ on Victims of Sexual Violence.”
- “Firefighters put out blaze at Sinchon’s Severance Hospital with no casualties.” This is the third hospital fire in the last eight days.
- “The Secret Behind ‘Club Women Priority Loans.'” An essay about the ties between Korea’s loan industry and sex work.
- “MBC Responds To Sexual Harassment Allegations Against Drama PD.” The network is “investigating.”
- “Suzy And Nam Joo Hyuk In Talks To Lead New Drama.” Well, it would be very pretty.
- “Popular K-drama Signal to receive a J-drama remake.” It’s only fair considering how many j-drama remakes have been happening.
- “Yoo In Young And Kim Tae Hoon Confirmed To Join Han Hye Jin In New Drama.” I like her and what her to succeed.