The biggest news item, of course, is that Park Geun-hye has been sentenced.
Now if only…
- The Park Geun-hye saga: “Court orders 24 years in jail for former President Park,” “Chronology of major events leading to former President Park’s sentencing trial,” “Ex-Park aide given suspended jail term for attempted coercion of CJ Group,” and “Appeals trials underway for Park’s key accomplices.”
- #MeToo: “MBC PD Fired After Investigation Into Sexual Harassment Allegations,” “Court denies warrant for An Hee-jung again,” and “#MeToo Becomes an Unstoppable Wave.”
- “The Korean Unification Flag Displayed on a Stage Where the North and South Cry and Laugh Together, ‘Let’s Meet Again.'” An overview of the joint concert held in Pyongyang on April 3.
- “Police to refer 7 doctors, nurses to prosecution over deaths of newborns.” Will there be charges for the administrators under whose watch these breaches were allowed to happen?
- “US culpability for the bloodshed on Jeju Island.” The survivors are demanding an apology from the U.S. for their part in the Jeju uprising/massacre/incident.
- “The silence of the blank white memorial stone.” On the memorial stone and the lack of an official name for the 1948 Jeju uprising/massacre/incident.
- “Dark Tour: Jeju Island Beyond Teddy Bear Museums.” More about the April 3 incident.
- “South Korea Passes Much-Needed Universal Seatbelt Law.” It’s about time you all buckled up.
- “Jung Jae Young And Jung Yoo Mi Confirmed For New Investigative Drama Starring Lee Yi Kyung.” Why can’t the guy be the bumbling rookie more often?
- “‘Switch’ Stays On Top With Strong Viewer Ratings.” Without even breaking double digits.
- “Park Min Young Confirmed To Join Park Seo Joon In New Romantic Comedy Drama.” This could be a cute couple, but UGH, secretaries and bosses.