Please ignore the fact that I forgot to come back and write something here once I was done creating all the links.
I swear I’m coming back this week. I already have my posts planned
but not written for the next two weeks. In the meantime, here’s some news.
- The Park Geun-hye saga: “Former senior NIS official probed over surveillance allegations” and “Artwork commemorating Candlelight Revolution installed in Blue House.”
- Lifting the Sewol Ferry: “1,313 Days Later, The Three Family Members Come Together as Pictures,” “Oceans Ministry Found Remains from the Sewol But Concealed the Discovery,” and “Parliament passes law to reinvestigate Sewol sinking.”
- The defecting soldier: “To stop defector, DMZ guards broke truce,” “Defector is awake, but faces long road to recovery,” “Medical bill for NK soldier-defector to be paid after consultations,” “North Korea replaces border guards after defection incident,” and “Justice Party apologizes to doctor.”
- Pyeongchang Olympics: “Avian Influenza Alert with the PyeongChang Olympic Games Just Around the Corner” and “Only Two Months Away, A Look at the Troubles Facing the PyeongChang Olympics.”
- “Seoul to Give Single Elderly Households ‘Companion Plants’ to Tackle Loneliness.” This is both very kind and a little heartbreaking.
- “Household debt named biggest challenge for South Korean economy.” North Korean geopolitical risks came in second.
- “Assembly designates day for ‘comfort women.'” It will be August 14th, in honor of the day Kim Hak-sun, herself a former comfort woman, made the first-ever public testimony about what happened.
- “BTS Holds World Record for Twitter Engagements.” Certified by Guinness World Records, in fact.
- “‘Nut Rage’ Whistle-Blower Says Korean Air Retaliated Against Him.” He was demoted from cabin crew chief to flight attendant.
- “Ewha professor tells students to get plastic surgery to find ‘good man.'” So is he going to get punished for this, or is an apology enough for the administration?
- “‘A Taxi Driver’ wins best picture at Blue Dragon Awards.” Congrats to everyone who worked on the film.
- “‘Prison Playbook’ Begins Its Run With High Viewership Ratings.” It hit 5.4% on tvN.
- “Yearend award ceremonies hounded by uncertainties.” The strikes at MBC and KBS are still having aftershocks.
- “MBC police drama ‘Two Cops’ to feature Jo Jung-seok, Hyeri as cop, reporter.” I may give this a shot–but yikes, this is an even bigger age gap than he had with PBY. Can we go back to JJS being cast opposite a lady the same age as him?