This week, my attention was almost exclusively on the slow-motion disaster that was Running Man. I still somehow managed to gather some links about President Park, casting rumors, and other drama news despite my broken heart. *returns to sobbing over Running Man*
- The Park Geun-hye situation: “Scandal probe in numbers,” “Prospect of early election shakes things up for all,” “Park Stands to Lose Pension Over Corruption Scandal,” “Third parliament hearing focuses on ‘missing 7 hours’ of ferry disaster,” “Park rebuts all impeachment charges,” and “Supporters of impeached president clash with protesters.”
- The Running Man mess, roughly as it unfolded: “Breaking: Song Ji Hyo, Kim Jong Kook Leaving ‘Running Man,’ Kang Ho Dong Might Join,” “‘Running Man’ Production Issues Official Apology To Kim Jong Kook And Song Ji Hyo,” “‘Running Man’ To Officially End Next Year,” and “‘Running Man’ in quandary over casting controversy.”
- “Not a Woman but a ‘Mere’ Disabled Person?” Personally essay about Jin Eun-seon’s experience as a disabled woman in South Korea.
- “Heartbreaking: Lee Jung Hoo passes away at the age of 30.” Lee Jung-hoo was a popular child actress who debuted in 1990. After getting married, she took a break from entertainment and was diagnosed with cancer.
- “Song Joong Ki most popular celebrity in all of Korean advertising for 2016.” Get all the money, sir.
- “Park Shin Hye’s Agency Responds To Reports Of Her Next Possible tvN Drama.” I’d love to have you back on my screen, in a good project, in March.
- “Hong Jong Hyun And Park Hwan Hee In Talks To Join Historical Drama With Im Siwan And YoonA.” More casting possibilities for The King Loves.
- “Everything you need to know about our hottest upcoming drama, Missing 9 starring Jung Kyung Ho and Baek Jin Hee.” Personally, I’d like to know quite a bit more than this, but oh well.