I hope you’re still interested in the political scandal surrounding President Park Geun-hye and her confidante Choi Soon-sil, because I’ve got six links on the subject.
- “Park chooses investigation over resignation: President denies shamanistic influence from Choi Soon-sil,” “Prosecution to explore next moves on Park,” “Korea’s teetering presidency,” “Massive anti-Park rally to be held in Seoul,” “Who’s who in Choi scandal,” and “The Choi Soon-sil Gate: The Saddest Political Drama Ever Told.” You’ll get a good summary of what’s happened in the last week with these articles. Plus, there are some interesting tidbits in there for non-Korean readers, like presidential term limits and the history of corruption scandals involving former presidents.
- “Can We Date as Equals?” The author of this piece examines her relationship with her first boyfriend and how he emotionally and verbally abused her. The catalyst for her breakup with him was a friend pointing out what was going on and labeling it as dating violence.
- “High school mystery Solomon’s Perjury finalizes main cast.” Still really excited for this show. *crosses fingers*
- “More flower boy warriors and a princess for Hwarang.” We have more character posters for this upcoming drama. With any luck, it will do better than our last pre-produced sageuk. >.>
- “Jang Hyuk, Lee Hana sign on to catch a killer in OCN’s The Voice.” We finally have our leading lady for this show! Wishing them the best with it; I’m still undecided about checking it out.