Lots of drama news with November and all of its premiers around the corner!
- “S. Korea has 4-th lowest fertility rate” and “Number of Seoul schoolchildren falling.” Unsurprisingly, with the birth rate falling, there are fewer numbers of kids getting enrolled in school every year. These two infographics provide more detail on the numbers.
- “Koreans ‘Take in Most Calories from Alcohol in the World.'” In a 24-country survey (USA not included), South Koreans consumed the most amount of calories from alcohol per day. (About 168 calories/person per day, for the record.)
- “#ThatsRape: A Campaign That’s like a Scream.” “Education that naturalizes sexual assault as a male instinct and puts the responsibility to be careful on women is as ubiquitous and unnoticed as air, whether in school or in the home.”
- “Seoul likely to scrap abortion clampdown plan.” The Health Ministry was considering strengthening punishments on doctors who perform illegal abortions; pushback from women’s rights groups and doctors has the ministry re-thinking that move.
- “‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’ disciplined for indecency.” By which we mean publicly reprimanded but not fined or otherwise punished.
- “MBC’s Night Light kicks off three-way power struggle with table read.” GASP, two ladies in the power-struggle trio? I may die of happiness.
- “First Teaser for Lee Min Ho and Jeon Ji Hyun in Mermaid Fantasy Drama Legend of the Blue Sea.” I would be very happy if this drama send me into fewer rage spirals than their previous dramas.
- “Shadowy corridors and kisses in Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim’s first teaser.” I’ll probably skip this one, but kudos to the show for putting “Romantic” in the title and letting us know ahead of time that it will be more important than the genius doctoring.
- “Hit thriller Signal writer Kim Eun-hee announces next project.” If you promise to kill fewer women this time around, I’ll give it a shot.