(Officially, fall only started last week, so I’m not too late on compiling this. ) I’ve got a vague eye on a couple of dramas this fall, though October is pretty sparse for premiers–November looks like it will be far more busy. But in the meantime, I thought it would be fun to put together a list of little things I hope will (or won’t, in come cases) pop up in this season’s kdramas:
- Someone asks for permission, and receives it, before going in for a kiss.
- Career women getting shit done.
- Housewives getting shit done.
- Female students getting shit done.
- The hero backs up the heroine against his (grand)parents.
- The heroine initiates a kiss (without needing an assist from gravity/bad luck/her own clumsiness/etc.).
- Gorgeous mountain scenery. Hiking is optional, but frolicking about in the freshly fallen leaves is not.
- An utter lack of Subway PPL.
- A thunderstorm knocks out the power/heat and people have to cuddle up for warmth.
- Parents who care enough about their child’s happiness and self-determination to let them make their own romantic mistakes.
- Sharing umbrellas in the rain.
- A sense of wonder. Magic doesn’t have to be there–but I want to be awe-struck by the world and the people in it.
- Comedy that doesn’t rely on cruelty for its punchline.
- A second lead lady who finds happiness (and love, if she wants it).
- An utter lack of fake rape/sexual assault accusations.
- Quiet, domestic bliss, which may or may not involve doing the dishes/making the bed/doing other chores together.
- The hero apologizes sincerely as soon as he realizes he has hurt someone else.
- Female characters with more than one close female friend.
What’s on your list? I want to know!